How do I introduce the flipchip to my class?
* Explain the flipchip’s purpose. It may be intuitive, but as with anything new, people always appreciate a brief intro
The flipchip’s primary purpose is as a signaling device. Some students also use it as a focal point in their Drishti practice, because it helps them develop concentration
* Encourage students to keep the flipchip in front of (or to the side of) their mat, so the mat remains free of objects
* Reassure students that they can flip the chip as little or as often as they like. Even if they decline a hands-on assist for the duration of the class (as new students often do), they’ll still benefit from your verbal assists
* To put everyone at ease we recommend personally handing a flipchip to each student at the start of class. Before long they’ll get into the habit of taking a flipchip from the canister and returning it when class ends. The open design of the canister makes this quick and easy
* During class observe how the flipchip is being used and look for patterns. Encourage students to approach you after class to discuss how they’re using the flipchip. This will help you as much as it will help them
Will the flipchip work in any setting?
* We designed the flipchip for use in most spaces. It’s thick enough to be easily picked up and large and light enough to be seen under dimly lit conditions. Moreover the faces are different enough that you won’t confuse one side for the other
* You can use the flipchip outdoors, but exposure to direct sunlight is not recommended
Is the flipchip meant just for Yoga?
* The flipchip may be used for other applications, such as mat Pilates, as About.com’s Margeurite Ogle says in her recent post
How do I maintain the flipchip?
* The flipchip is robust and built to last. The FSC certified bamboo is incredibly strong, however as a 100% natural product it also requires special care. Do not submerge in water, clean with chemicals, or put in a dishwasher. Simply wipe clean with a damp cloth